?

No account? Create an account

CAI - The Orientalist

About CAI

Previous Entry CAI May. 25th, 2004 @ 11:15 pm Next Entry
I now realize that there is no fetish, obsession or
perversion the internet will not serve. A week ago I became sick of
rereading my Rough Guide, and decided to search the Internet for photos of other peoples trip to get a better idea of where I would like to travel. I am sure I have talked about this in an earlier post, but when I travel I create this 2 dimensional slide show of my trip, composed of pictures from guide books, websites and pure imagination of what my trip will look like. So about a week ago I figured I should add a couple more shots to my premeditated slide show. To begin with I figured I would search out images for the very begging of my trip, so I looked on the Internet for shots of Cairo International Airport. I should have known better, that not only am I not the first person to look interior photos of CAI, but that on the internet such an interest exists that somebody built a whole site about it. At the http://www.cruisinaltitude.com/ section dedicated to CAI I found dozens of photos of the airport, in both day and night, at arrivals and departures and a nice shot of some wide escalators, which I now know lead to the duty free shop. I cannot figure out why this information is useful, the site does not offer advice, reviews or tips about CAI, but a collection of hastily taken snaps. The worst part is the site is really well designed; somebody really wanted to make sure they were working on the definitive CAI photo site.
Check out a few of these shots
title or description

Or check out the CAI site
www.cruisinaltitude.com/airports/caieg.htm
Leave a comment
From:(Anonymous)
Date:June 12th, 2004 11:00 am (UTC)

Re: weird

(Link)
it is so werid that such a web site devoyed to ciaro pictures would exsist. The web is full of the bizzar, the random and the totally random.
ps. do you like my subject icon? I thought its bizzarness fit my subject matter
pss. You write alot differently than you talk. your all loike philisophical or whatever.
oh and i've started listening to this radiohead song you put on my computer its pretty cool
Erin
From:(Anonymous)
Date:May 11th, 2006 07:03 am (UTC)

Could be useful

(Link)
Might be helpful information for terrorists, maybe its a blind info site for them.
From:(Anonymous)
Date:June 10th, 2007 01:23 pm (UTC)

PNUOmxlfYpd

(Link)